Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Access to the path in [File System Task] Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:49 AM
Hi All,
I am facing this given below issue
"[File System Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Access to the path 'D:\Destinaion' is denied."."

Actually when I take the variable and assign it to "Destination" then it show me the error.
But when I assign the path directly to the "Destination" the it works. But it is not working with variable.

I am using windows 7 with 32 bit OS. I check the folder security and assign it to "full Control."

Please suggest.
Post #1439429
Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 1:39 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:02 AM
Could the fact that 'Destination' is spelt incorrectly in the following be a factor, or is it just a typing error?

"Access to the path 'D:\Destinaion' is denied."."

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1439702
Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 4:09 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:49 AM
oh...its a typo error...but the path is correct.
when ever I try using the path through variable it throw the error.
Post #1439732
Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 4:22 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:02 AM
It should work. Have you tried setting a pre-execute breakpoint on the task to ensure that the value in the variable is exactly what you are expecting?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1439736
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse