Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Access to the path in [File System Task] Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:49 AM
Hi All,
I am facing this given below issue
"[File System Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Access to the path 'D:\Destinaion' is denied."."

Actually when I take the variable and assign it to "Destination" then it show me the error.
But when I assign the path directly to the "Destination" the it works. But it is not working with variable.

I am using windows 7 with 32 bit OS. I check the folder security and assign it to "full Control."

Please suggest.
Post #1439429
Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 1:39 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:46 AM
Could the fact that 'Destination' is spelt incorrectly in the following be a factor, or is it just a typing error?

"Access to the path 'D:\Destinaion' is denied."."

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1439702
Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 4:09 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:49 AM
oh...its a typo error...but the path is correct.
when ever I try using the path through variable it throw the error.
Post #1439732
Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 4:22 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:46 AM
It should work. Have you tried setting a pre-execute breakpoint on the task to ensure that the value in the variable is exactly what you are expecting?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1439736
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse