Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Why are some pages so W-I-D-E ?? Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:50 PM
Why are some of the pages so incredibly wide? My screen resolution is set to 1280 x 1024 and some entries are even larger than that, forcing me to either scroll back and forth like a maniac, or maximize the browser and still scroll quite a bit.

An example is here: [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/technobabble-by-klee-from-kleegeek/2013/03/29/is-between-faster-than-gte-and-lte/][/url]

Thanks.
Post #1438814
Posted Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:13 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 10:11 AM
This is a blog feed we syndicate from a user. We can't control how they've set everything in HTTP. We try, but sometimes they use formatting that causes issues.

We'll take a look

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1438857
Posted Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:51 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:32 AM
Here is another one from today

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/sqlstudies/2013/05/20/the-many-uses-of-cross-apply/

I will not waste my time trying to read things formatted like this no matter how interesting it might have been. If he is taking the time to write the article, then why make it so unfriendly to read?

I have seen this recently on your site from various authors. I have not experienced it on other sites that I visit.
Post #1455984
Posted Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:06 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 10:11 AM
The author didn't write a post this wide. The original is here, but when we get the HMTL from them through syndication, something in the style is running things wide.

sqlstudies.com/2013/05/20/the-many-uses-of-cross-apply/

I've asked our developers to look at this, but this doesn't happen often and it's not a pressing issue. We don't make it unfriendly, but it's a bug.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1456118
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse