Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

sql query to be accessed online Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:15 PM
Hi

I just want to figure how to have a sql query that I generated in excel form and I want to put it online and I want it to update it self. is that possible?

Thank you
Post #1437618
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 2:46 PM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:29 PM
I'm not sure I even understand the question.
Post #1437619
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 2:54 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

First Thanks for your reply.

I have a query and I want someone else in another country to be able to see that query so I want to put it online.

Thanks
Post #1437622
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 3:04 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 3:18 PM
Do you want the query to be online? or the output?
Can you be more explicit? We can't see what you see, we don't know what you have.

Luis C.
Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1437626
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 3:04 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 1:30 PM
way too many assumptions and alternate technologies to even begin to offer much more than the basics.
1. you would need a web server, that also has access to where ever the data is stored. do you have that?
2. you would need a developer to write a web page so that people could actually be presented with some sort of page so they know what is going on. Do you have a developer?
3. That developer would need the specifications of the project.
Examples: WHO can go to/see the form? the public? only certain clients i.e. require a login)
What inputs are required from the end user?
what is the expected output (you said excel)
in reality, it's typical to present the data as a web page, and provide an optional download as a pdf or csv or xls file.

The web page can then be coded to take into consideration the security, presentation and export of the desired data.

so you need a lot of background capabilities for this question to be answered with any degree of detail.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1437627
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 3:08 PM
Forum Newbie

Hi,

I want to output to be online. I normally run it on an excel spreadsheet.

Thanks
Post #1437629
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse