Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Transfer file into Archive folder Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, November 24, 2014 7:37 AM
Hi All,

I am having text file as a source, I want to load data from this comma separated text file to Sqlserver Table. If all Data loads sucsessfully then I want to transfer this file into another folder or location as next day fresh file will come by same name on that location. Please help.

Thanks
Abhas.
Post #1436831
Posted Friday, March 29, 2013 1:02 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:53 AM

Use File System Task, it performs operations on files and directories in the file system. By using the File System task, a package can create, move, or delete directories and files. You can also use the File System task to set attributes on files and directories.
Post #1436834
Posted Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:39 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:08 AM
Above is the preferred method, but you could also use a PowerShell script to archive if you have more familiarity using that.
Post #1438054
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse