Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS package wont write to excel destination Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:39 PM
i am adding a part to an existing SSIS package which is to write to an excel destination what i see is the package runs but dosen't write to the file

i've checked
*package is running at 32 bit
*all connection managers are working
*using an excel connection and writing to excel 97 -2003 file

exececution results i see is a warning
"[SSIS.Pipeline] Warning: Warning: Could not open global shared memory to communicate with performance DLL; data flow performance counters are not available. To resolve, run this package as an administrator, or on the system's console.
"
am not sure if this should impact ??
also
[SSIS.Pipeline] Information: "component "Excel Destination" (247)" wrote 0 rows.

would appreciate any ideas ??

Post #1435721
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:19 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 12:38 AM
devilsid (3/26/2013)
i am adding a part to an existing SSIS package which is to write to an excel destination what i see is the package runs but dosen't write to the file

i've checked
*package is running at 32 bit
*all connection managers are working
*using an excel connection and writing to excel 97 -2003 file

exececution results i see is a warning
"[SSIS.Pipeline] Warning: Warning: Could not open global shared memory to communicate with performance DLL; data flow performance counters are not available. To resolve, run this package as an administrator, or on the system's console.
"
am not sure if this should impact ??
also
[SSIS.Pipeline] Information: "component "Excel Destination" (247)" wrote 0 rows.

would appreciate any ideas ??

Don't worry about the warning - it is not related to your problem.

Are you sure that data is flowing through the pipeline? Try using a data viewer to verify this.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1435794
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:23 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Thanks Phil,

i thought so the warning wasn't relevant ...

i do have a data viewer in place that is just before the data exports to excel ... surprisingly all steps go green and the data viewer dosen't even pop up???
Post #1436189
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:04 PM
Grasshopper

Got this working ... not sure if i did anything different ...

the data viewer still dosen't pop up also i noticed the export leaves about top 400+ lines blank while exporting data into the excel sheet ... not a big issue but annoying
Post #1436235
Posted Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:04 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 2:48 AM
The blank lines may be because it starts the insert from the end of the Excel file. Although there was no data in the excel file, the xlCellTypeLastUsedCell property may still have been set. Try deleting the spreadsheet and creating a new one with the same name.
Post #1445995
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse