Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Job Agent History format Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:20 AM
Is there any way to fix the formatting? I'm just getting lines of text without carriage return/line feeds. It makes it very difficult to read. I know I can log to a file, but it'd be nice to be able to view it without having to map a drive and dig for the log.

Post #1435449
Posted Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:33 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 7:34 AM
Not that I know of

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1435536
Posted Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:53 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:51 PM
I do not think you can affect the way the "Log Viewer" displays the data but if you log the output to a table it will retain the line breaks. On the Job Step properties, Advanced Page, check "Log to Table" and your job output will be written to msdb.dbo.sysjobstepslogs. Be careful though. If you generate a ton of output from your jobs using this table can bloat msdb in a hurry. Just make sure you maintain the job history and indexes on a regular basis.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1435646
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse