Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

entity framework database Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:06 AM
We are going to develop a new .net application that we think we may use entity framework model.
And as I understand it can generate code like insert, update but not use stored procedures.

Can anyone recommend articles or tutorial of how to develop the model and also database development cycle.
and pros and cons by using insert, update in code in this model instead of using stored procedures

Thanks
Post #1432409
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 6:16 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:38 PM
You absolutely can use stored procedures:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/gg699321.aspx

Personally I'd recommend building a good data model and database first, then point EF at it. However I'd search around for what other people have done as well and make an educated decision for your environment and goals.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1432419
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 8:23 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, November 10, 2014 5:31 PM
We found a full EF was way overkill for what we wanted.
We decided to go for a lightweight alternative in PetaPoco.
Before you go down the EF route make sure it is something that you really do require.

How we use it is basically create the webservices and point them to stored procs for all the CRUD (create read update delete) operations - works quite well.
Post #1432438
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse