Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Share SSIS package with sister office Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 12:10 PM
What is the best way to share an SSIS package? I have a sister office who receives all the same data I do, but they have a completely separate network/server/security setup than what I have. I don’t need it to actually run on their end (though it would be nice), I want to send my package to show them how I load the data.
Thanks for the help!
Post #1432243
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 11:40 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:24 AM
Shaira (3/18/2013)
What is the best way to share an SSIS package? I have a sister office who receives all the same data I do, but they have a completely separate network/server/security setup than what I have. I don’t need it to actually run on their end (though it would be nice), I want to send my package to show them how I load the data.
Thanks for the help!

Send them the .dtsx file and get them to open it in BIDS, where they will be able to see for themselves what the package does.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1432285
Posted Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:13 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 12:10 PM
Excellent! Thanks for your reply.
Post #1432911
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse