Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database restoration to network mapped path.. Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:58 AM
As i Don't have enough Space in my server machine.Is it possible to restore DB to a network mapped path? i Got a link
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article1054-database-backup-to-restore-from-remote-server-sql-server.aspx

I try the steps to restore my back up in my server to a network mapped path (path is in another machine). But It executed infinitely with 0% progress on SQL server management studio. Is it Possible to restore a DB to network Mapped path? If yes, Please Guide me to restore DB to a network path.
Post #1432105
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 8:24 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:52 PM
do you mean backup across the network? If so yes that is possible so long as SQL is running under a domain account and you have the permissions set up correctly.

backup database yourdb to disk = '\\servername\sharename\yourdb.bak'

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #1432202
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 10:09 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Saturday, August 23, 2014 8:34 AM
Given the comment about space, I think you mean to restore the database so the data and log files are stored on a remote file share. If I guessed right then these articles may interest you:

Description of support for network database files in SQL Server
SQL Server Can Run Databases from Network Shares & NAS

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1432249
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse