Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Disappearing scriptmain.vb from a script component Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:45 PM
Hello,

I am doing some research into moving to SQL 2012 from SQL 2008 R2. As a part of this I am making sure that all of our SSIS packages will migrate smoothly. One of the packages gave me an error saying that it couldn't find the script to a script component. I spent several hours trying to figure out where the script went. I finally gave up and decided to just recreate the script component with the code from the 2008 version of the package. When I went to get the script though I got a message that "scriptmain.vb does not exist in the project directory". This package is in source control so I tried to refresh it with the last version and got the same error message. I tried with an earlier version of the package and again got the missing file message. I asked a colleague to check the package and he had the same thing happen to him. What make this even more strange is that when I last looked at the package in December I didn't have any problems with it.

The path it was looking for was ..\AppData\Local\Temp\SSIS\ae04f66c1fad471c884ddf0d8863456e\ScriptMain.vb.

Any idea why this is happening or what might be causing it?

Since this was the last issue I had to deal with for the migration testing I opened the dstx file in Notepad++ and pulled the VB code out. I then created a new script component by pasting in the old code. This seems to be working although I am very concerned that this might happen again.

Post #1430033
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:12 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:37 AM
Once in a while, SSIS loses my VB code too. I don't have an explanation other than the product is a little buggy.

Post #1430364
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse