Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

sql server login failure Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 03, 2014 1:30 AM
I am working with asp.net and try to access through my login form sql server
database mydb
when logging in as windows user my_pc\xyzuser it fails throwing error :
login failed for user my_pc\xyzuser can not access database mydb.user does not exists.
what should be done for workaround
connectionstring is:
data source=localhost;integrated security=true;initial catalog=mydb

pls suggest different solution.....??
Post #1426777
Posted Tuesday, March 05, 2013 6:01 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:37 AM
Create the user in the database and assign it the correct permissions or change your connection string to use SQL auth with an account that has access.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1426780
Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:01 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:56 AM
Firstly create your user login at the instance-level and map the user to the database you want access to.

Secondly, from the Security tab of the database, assign the user the correct rights and permissions and accessibility should be assured!

If it isn't then I suggest checking your collation to ensure that, if your collation is Case Sensitive (CS) and not Case-Insensitive (CI) that you have typed your database exactly as presented.
Post #1433108
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013 7:47 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:04 AM
Sej, Though it's little old post but did you got it rectified ? As the SQL masters told, the error message clearly shows that there is no user created in database level. So you need to create DB user in your database mapping it to the login you created at server level. Thereafter grant the DB level user some permissions and thereafter try. Remember:
Step 1: Create login at server level [security at server level is called login]
Step 2: Create user at DB level [Login created at Step 1 to be mapped to this new user] Map permissions to this user as per requirement.
Step 3 (not mandatory): Repeat Step 2 in each database, in which this new user requires permission.
Post #1447526
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse