Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

database page level corruptions? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 3:17 PM
Is once a month often enough? Do you retain all your backups (full and log for month)? If not, what do you plan to do if the CheckDB picks up corruption and you have no clean backup to restore?

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1487173
Posted Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:05 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:11 AM
GilaMonster (8/22/2013)
Is once a month often enough? Do you retain all your backups (full and log for month)? If not, what do you plan to do if the CheckDB picks up corruption and you have no clean backup to restore?

due to HD space issues, I have mention backup file retention period is last 4 days in local HD, but daily all backups goes to Tape drive after completion SQL Backups.. I can get old 30 days backup files from Tape.
Post #1487179
Posted Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:26 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 3:17 PM
Log backups as well?

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1487207
Posted Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:55 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:02 PM
Once a month is the bare minimum, and still gives you potential data loss of a longer period if you are only keeping 4 days. I hope you have tapes that go back longer.

I'd say practically you should take the performance hit and do this once a week, or even more often.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1487322
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse