Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

Problem with Database mail Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 12:01 PM
do you have any server Database mail does work properly? if you do you may try and compare the configurations differences and if you could not find anything, you may have to reinstall the server(sql server)
Post #1434948
Posted Monday, March 25, 2013 9:06 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 7:08 PM
...sorry wrong post

MCSA SQL Server 2012
Post #1434964
Posted Monday, March 25, 2013 10:34 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:10 AM
Massan (3/25/2013)
do you have any server Database mail does work properly? if you do you may try and compare the configurations differences and if you could not find anything, you may have to reinstall the server(sql server)

I would avoid reinstalling SQL Server if at all possible.

Can the OP get Database Mail working on any Server?

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

Post #1435028
Posted Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:37 PM
Did you find an answer to this problem? I have 2 instances of SQL Server running with what appears to be the exact same configuration and one sends mail and the other does not. All my tests in the problem instance show as "unsent". No failures, just "unsent".

I've run all the sysmail sprocs and am thoroughly aware of all the information they provide. I've recreated the one mail profile. The accounts running the mail appear to have adequate priviledges. And, the mail runs from another instance with the same configuration? Have you found any clues?

Post #1550318
Posted Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:46 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:10 AM
rador (3/12/2014)
Did you find an answer to this problem? I have 2 instances of SQL Server running with what appears to be the exact same configuration and one sends mail and the other does not. All my tests in the problem instance show as "unsent". No failures, just "unsent".

I've run all the sysmail sprocs and am thoroughly aware of all the information they provide. I've recreated the one mail profile. The accounts running the mail appear to have adequate priviledges. And, the mail runs from another instance with the same configuration? Have you found any clues?

Yes it had to do with the Service Account. Are you using a Domain or Local Account?

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

Post #1550346
Posted Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:37 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:37 PM
Corgi, Thanks for a quick response. How do I find the account being used to actually send the mail? In sysmail_allitems a request has been made by a local account (NT Authority\System) and last modified by 'sa'. The SQL Server Agent has windows authentication selected in the connecting tab. I don't have access to the server itself, but I can get someone that does and get them to check what accounts are being used in the services.

Post #1550906
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse