Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Disaster Recovery (D/R) and Business Continuity Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 7:46 AM
Hi friends
can any provide me with diaster recovey or business continuity document.
i have to do one for my client.. but i dont know how to do that one..
what are the questions that i should ask to get information from client
where to start and how to prepare documentation.
Post #1425436
Posted Friday, March 1, 2013 8:23 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 15, 2014 7:19 PM
I am concerned that you are asking for help with such a critical item on a free public forum on behalf of a client. If I were you, and you do client work often, I would sub-contract the help of some qualified folks this time to 1) get your client a quality product which it seems they may not get, and 2) learn what it takes to develop a proper DR/BC plan from qualified professionals who have done it before. You'll never be sorry you spent the money or time to learn how to do things properly from the start and you'll know you are doing the best by your clients. Send me a PM if you want to know more.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1425543
Posted Friday, March 1, 2013 8:34 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 10:57 AM
I agree with OPC.Three that you doing this without knowing how to get started is concerning. If you're just unorganized, but you understand the idea of DR and options in SQL Server, here are a few templates

http://searchdisasterrecovery.techtarget.com/feature/IT-disaster-recovery-DR-plan-template-A-free-download-and-guide
http://blogs.technet.com/b/mspfe/archive/2012/03/08/a_2d00_microsoft_2d00_word_2d00_document_2d00_template_2d00_for_2d00_disaster_2d00_recovery_2d00_planning.aspx

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1425553
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse