Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Paramerters on DataFlow Task Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:15 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:22 PM
I have a scenario , where I need to fetch data from Database 1 (on Server 1) and insert into Database 2( on Server 2) on a particular condition.

I am using SSIS 2008.

1)First I fetched an ID from Database2 using ExecuteSqlQuery.

2)I then used the ID from step 1 and fetched a set of rows from Database1 again using another ExecuteSqlQuery

3) I now want to insert these fetched rows back into Database2.
I guess I should probably use a for each .

But.... I now feel that it is better that I use a Data flow task in
step 2 .
I know there is a way to pass parameters(id) using executesqlquery , but I cannot find a way to pass the the output of the execute sql task as an input to the data flow task . Is it possible ? Is there a better way to do what I am trying to achieve ? Please let me know.

Thanks,
SA
Post #1424167
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:41 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:15 AM
sameerarjuna (2/26/2013)
I have a scenario , where I need to fetch data from Database 1 (on Server 1) and insert into Database 2( on Server 2) on a particular condition.

I am using SSIS 2008.

1)First I fetched an ID from Database2 using ExecuteSqlQuery.

2)I then used the ID from step 1 and fetched a set of rows from Database1 again using another ExecuteSqlQuery

3) I now want to insert these fetched rows back into Database2.
I guess I should probably use a for each .

But.... I now feel that it is better that I use a Data flow task in
step 2 .
I know there is a way to pass parameters(id) using executesqlquery , but I cannot find a way to pass the the output of the execute sql task as an input to the data flow task . Is it possible ? Is there a better way to do what I am trying to achieve ? Please let me know.

Thanks,
SA

Your step (2) needs to change.

Add a dataflow task and a suitable OLE DB source component.

Change your data access mode to 'SQL Command' and type in your query, mapping your ID as a parameter.

You now have the rows you wanted, retrieved as the first part of your dataflow.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1424180
Posted Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:44 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:22 PM
Great ! Thank you !
I did as you said !
Works for me !

Post #1424798
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse