Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Tip needed - Change Connection on several containers at the same time Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:41 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:00 PM
I have a DTSX package that I need to change the connections on for about 30 containers. Is there a way to do them all at once, or am I stuck doing this the fun way?

Thanks
Crusty
Post #1424059
Posted Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:06 AM
You can create .NET utility to read dtsx XML format can change variable values.
Post #1424901
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:20 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:50 PM
pramesh2001 (2/27/2013)
You can create .NET utility to read dtsx XML format can change variable values.

This does not answer the question at all.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1425038
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:52 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:06 AM
i have done for the same way, other than this any simple way.. pls share.

thanks
Post #1425081
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:55 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:00 PM
I'm not a .Net developer and have very little familiarity with creating utilities so this option wouldn't work for me with out turning it into a project that would require cross-functional collaboration. I'm looking for a quick and dirty method that I can use for the occasional issue.

Thanks
Crusty.
Post #1425082
Posted Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:07 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:52 AM
CptCrusty1 (2/28/2013)
I'm not a .Net developer and have very little familiarity with creating utilities so this option wouldn't work for me with out turning it into a project that would require cross-functional collaboration. I'm looking for a quick and dirty method that I can use for the occasional issue.

Thanks
Crusty.

Check if BIDS Helper can help. If not, you can post your idea in the discussion page for the project and it might appear sooner rather than later.

---
SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Post #1427120
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse