Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL installatin SLIPStrem Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, February 25, 2013 12:22 PM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:56 PM
I am the first time trying to use the FullslipStream download file to install SQL server 2012. the download is on: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35575

I understand the fullslipstream file includes the origianl SQL server installation files and also Service pack 1. If so every one can download it, how about the license?
or somewhere in the intallation process it will ask for production key?

Post #1423743
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:08 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:27 PM
Seems to be a dev license, that can be evaluated. Why don't you slipstream your existing media, already having preset the legal key?

Greetz
SQL Pizza

sometimes you dont see the pizza for the toppings...
seek and ya shall find...
Post #1423961
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:32 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

SQL Pizza (2/26/2013)
Seems to be a dev license, that can be evaluated. Why don't you slipstream your existing media, already having preset the legal key?

Yes, I am using the one we downloaded from microsoft volume license. They have a slipstream version. We have a network admin to download that for me.

But I am just wondering how the technet download link works, this is the first time I see in the service pack download place they have slipstream file, so wonder how that works, and the license.

Thanks
Post #1424177
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:30 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:27 PM
I haven't installed it, but I'll give it a try. Either it's a dev license you can evaluate with your key, or you get asked for it at the installation procedure. Please provide your results after installation.

Greetz
SQL Pizza

sometimes you dont see the pizza for the toppings...
seek and ya shall find...
Post #1424346
Posted Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:17 AM
SSCommitted

because we have that version downloaded from the volume license site, so I will not use this one.

I just wonder who else ever used it, how it works?

THanks
Post #1424662
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse