Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

70-461 Exam question Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:41 PM
Hi guys!

Currently Training Kit 70-461 is my daily companion. I have a question for all of you that already took Exam. As I dislike XML chapter most, I would like to know how "deep" are the questions regarding XML? Are there any XQUERY type of question or just SELECT .........FOR AUTO...... type of questions?
Is Training Kit enough for passing the exam?

Tnx
Post #1423345
Posted Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:23 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 3:29 PM
It's a violation of the NDA for anyone who has written the exam to discuss the contents or questions. As such, at best you'll get very vague answers. Also bear in mind that not everyone gets the same questions.

I'll just say that I can barely spell XML on a good day and leave it at that.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1423348
Posted Thursday, April 16, 2015 10:20 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:50 PM
Yes, the training kit would be enough to pass the exam.

However, you will have to practice with SQL Queries a lot if you are new to TSQL.

Regarding XML, don't fear, after studying you will love to use XML with SQL. For XML prep you can refer to this MSDN article: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-IN/library/ms190922.aspx

~manoj | LinkedIn | Facebook
Blog: sqlwithmanoj.com
Post #1677874
Posted Friday, April 17, 2015 7:14 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:55 AM
Its impossible to answer, not only for the reason Gail mentions, but also because the exam is different for everyone.

I will say I passed the 70-461 with room to spare and without any kind of significant prep or knowledge of using XML, however I may have been lucky in the pool of questions I got.

Post #1678006
Posted Friday, April 17, 2015 7:23 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 3:29 PM
Please note: 2 year old thread.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1678010
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse