Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Table Level Rescovery/Restoration Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:06 AM
Got it. I understand now. I just had to laugh at [what I thought] was a ...less than informed... choice.

I agree with you: MS could definitely put some bells and whistles on their backup/restore solutions. I'm still bummed they don't allow SQL Standard to do backup compression.

I attended a "preview" conference call yesterday with Oracle reps discussing Oracle 12c. One of the features was multiple databases under one instance. What a concept! If this "keep up with Microsoft" strategy keeps up, they'll be giving away OEM free with a purchase of the product.

<Hearty LOL>
Post #1434009
Posted Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:07 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:06 AM
My apologies to all SQL Server Central readers in this thread.

It's amazing how a conversation 10 minutes before posting can influence the thought process. I'd just had a discussion about SQL 2008 Standard not compressing backups and actually inferred that [all versions] of SQL Standard didn't allow compression when in reality, MS switched gears to a more generous feature set in SQL 2008 R2 which does allow compression.

I still had the thought process of explaining to someone that SQL 2008 didn't allow it, when I posted.

Cheers,
Ken
Post #1434017
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse