Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

ORA-00936 Missing Expression With SSIS Execute Script Task Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:12 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 9:49 AM
Just wanted to post this in case someone else feels my pain.

I've been working with Oracle and SSIS recently, I wrote a delete statement within Developer that worked perfectly, pasted the SQL into an SSIS Execute SQL Task and again
it parsed successfully however once I ran the package it failed with the above error!

After multiple re-writes of the query trying to figure out the Oracle syntax for this delete statement I finally found the following

http://thefirstsql.com/2012/09/28/ora-00936/

So credit where its due this saved me hours more work and debugging, apparently you cannot use -- to comment your scripts in SSIS when using Oracle

I hope this helps someone else

Andy

==========================================================================================================================
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe
Post #1417163
Posted Friday, February 8, 2013 8:54 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:15 AM
Thank you for the posting Andy. I'm sure it will help a number of people down the road, Thank you for sharing.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
Post #1417758
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse