Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Report runs fine, subscription fails Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:46 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:51 PM
I have a report (in ssrs 2005) and report server is on ssrs 2008. The report takes 5 min to run and it returns 4 lakhs records. When I export it to CSV, the file size is 32 MB. I created a subscription to send an email with csv file as an attachment and I never the got the email. I created another data subscription to send it to a windows file share and the export csv is never sent to that windows file share. Please help.
Post #1411430
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 2:01 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:10 AM
what is the error message on the subscription?

have you set the unattended execution account?

have you set the smtp server to use for sending mail?

does the account the file share subscription is using have rights to write to the file share?

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1411531
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 7:23 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

what is the error message on the subscription?
For subscription sending email, in reportmanager, status says "Mail sent to ......." and I never got the email (checked junk folders as well).
Fpr subscription sending to windows file share, there is no status.

have you set the unattended execution account? have you set the smtp server to use for sending mail? does the account the file share subscription is using have rights to write to the file share? -- With the same account, I have other reports that send emails and also send excel to windows file share.

Post #1411714
Posted Monday, January 28, 2013 1:30 PM
SSC Rookie

No worries. It was a permission issue and my DBA gave the necessary permissions and it is working fine now.
Post #1412627
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse