Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

An oddball survey, seeing as I'm looking at a new car... Expand / Collapse
What kind of car do you drive?
Poll ResultsVotes
Ford

19.05%
Chrysler

4.76%
GM

4.76%
Dodge

4.76%
Mercury
0%
Chevy

9.52%
Subaru

4.76%
Toyota

19.05%
Nissan

14.29%
Kia
0%
Porsche
0%
Ferrari

4.76%
Lotus
0%
Other (specify in comments)

14.29%
Member Votes: 20, Anonymous Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 5:14 AM
So, I'm car shopping for a second car and got curious what everyone else is driving. Some time back, I recall reading an article that mentioned many IT professionals tended to drive Subarus, specifically the WRX in its various incarnations.

I know I probably missed a few brands (Rolls Royce, Lamborghini come to mind,) and I know I'm missing brands that are common outside the US (Vauxhall, Holden,) but the polls only allow up to 15 options, and I couldn't get a Holden if I wanted to...

Jason
Post #1409684
Posted Monday, January 21, 2013 1:19 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:56 AM
Lamborghini - hope your pocket book is as great as your taste in cars.

Me Mercedes (Diesel) excellent milage .. long trips at avg speed 70+ ... 39 mph using cruise control ... current milage (total) slightly over 300,000 ( three hundred thousand) showing on the odometer.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read

Before posting a performance problem please read
Post #1409691
Posted Monday, January 21, 2013 1:26 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 9:07 AM
I just bought a Subaru Outback 2 months ago. In 35 years of driving, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

I get 25 MPG running around, about 31 on the highway. It's roomy, rides very nice.

My only complaint is that when the heater is full blast, it's LOUD. I wish I would had got the heated seats!

Michael

Michael L John
To properly post on a forum:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/
Post #1409694
Posted Monday, January 21, 2013 1:30 PM

SSC Eights!

I never said the brands I forgot had to be *affordable*

I think most likely there's only two ways I could ever say I drive a Lamborghini (maybe three):
1. Become a valet at someplace really ritzy
2. Something illegal (Not gonna do it, nope, nope, nope, I like being non-incarcerated)
3. By a used Lambo (hey, a used Countach is going for $150k on eBay Motors... I could sell the house, the current car, everything in the house, sell the wife into slavery, the dog to a Korean restaurant, the cats to a Chinese restaurant, one kidney, one lung, and that should give me enough to drive it for a month)
Post #1409696
Posted Monday, January 21, 2013 1:31 PM

SSC Eights!

Michael L John (1/21/2013)
I just bought a Subaru Outback 2 months ago. In 35 years of driving, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

I get 25 MPG running around, about 31 on the highway. It's roomy, rides very nice.

My only complaint is that when the heater is full blast, it's LOUD. I wish I would had got the heated seats!

Michael

I'm kind of leaning towards, if I go Subaru, getting a BRZ My only concern would be how it handles in the snow and slush around here...
Post #1409697
Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 2:42 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:39 AM
jasona.work (1/21/2013)
Michael L John (1/21/2013)

Michael

I'm kind of leaning towards, if I go Subaru, getting a BRZ My only concern would be how it handles in the snow and slush around here...

BRZ is cool but if you have a lot of snow and slush you better go with a WRX or STi... I'd bet even with some Blizzaks on the BRZ that it is light enough it will still give problems.
Post #1414853
Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 2:49 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 8:55 AM
Honda is not on your list either. I am the soccer dad driving an Odyssey. It works great for family outings, sports events and cub scout trips.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1414857
Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 3:09 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 8:16 AM
in my youth, i owned plenty of GM, Fords, even a Dodge or two...back then all i could afford was used cars, which are usually someone elses problem they got rid of;

My opinions of those models are damaged by those used car experiences, that I'm sure; nothing but trouble with used cars and boatloads of repairs.

once i was 26, I bought a new Toyota, and took care of the maintenance, which of course made it last forever.

Today, With four family members, we have five Toyota's; I lean hard on brand loyalty because of that better experience all of them running great and from model years ranging from 2000 to 2011.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1414864
Posted Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:50 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 8:20 AM
Lowell (2/1/2013)
in my youth, i owned plenty of GM, Fords, even a Dodge or two...back then all i could afford was used cars, which are usually someone elses problem they got rid of;

My opinions of those models are damaged by those used car experiences, that I'm sure; nothing but trouble with used cars and boatloads of repairs.

once i was 26, I bought a new Toyota, and took care of the maintenance, which of course made it last forever.

Today, With four family members, we have five Toyota's; I lean hard on brand loyalty because of that better experience all of them running great and from model years ranging from 2000 to 2011.

Second that. After I graduated college (I won't say how long ago that was), I bought my first Toyota. And I haven't looked back since.
Post #1415808
Posted Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:55 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:44 PM
Ray K (2/5/2013)
Lowell (2/1/2013)

Second that. After I graduated college (I won't say how long ago that was), I bought my first Toyota. And I haven't looked back since.

Did your brakes go out too?

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1415811
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»