Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Need a backup script to get backup history status for the latest backup from all linked sql servers Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:29 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:52 AM
Hi Guys,

I am actually in need of a t-sql or a powershell script that will help me get the latest backup of all sql servers from a central server. We already have our environment setup for this i.e one central server and there are quite a handful of linked servers. I would like to have a script which will scan all of these linked servers get the info back, and send me a report of the latest backup details either in an "HTML" format or possibly using some sort of tabular formatting so that it looks good. I know that many of them might have implemented this in their environment, but this is the need of the hour for me. You can get back to me either providing a comment below or sending a private e-mail on this id faisalfarouqi@gmail.com.

I hope to see a quick response from you experts.

I am not a good programmer by any means as I have almost started off my career in "Sql Server", and would really appreciate your help.

Regards,
Faisal[b][/b][/font]
Post #1407804
Posted Friday, January 18, 2013 7:54 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:21 AM
Duplicate post:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1407742-392-1.aspx

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1408928
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:22 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:52 AM
Thanks. for pointing that out, but I may have ended up requesting this accidently. Is there any option to delete this post from this section?

Regards,
Faisal Farouqi
Post #1409222
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:28 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 4:56 AM
faisalfarouqi (1/19/2013)
Thanks. for pointing that out, but I may have ended up requesting this accidently. Is there any option to delete this post from this section?

Regards,
Faisal Farouqi

Nope.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1409223
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse