Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS 2005 Multi-Value Filter. Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:09 AM
Hi all,

I met with a very tricky problem. I have a muti-value filter in my name whereby user are able to select the names to view the report. The parameter filter has a drop down list which is based on query, Select distinct(uName) from User. the report runs fine if user select a number of names but if the user select ALL or more names the report went haywire. Error: "operation is not valid due to the current state of the object"

After diagnosis, i realize its becuz the filter text cant hold or display the names chose. what should i do? The filter is used in data source where clause as Where uName IN (@name)
Post #1407014
Posted Monday, January 14, 2013 9:19 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:09 AM
can i trim the filter to display only up to 100 char?
Post #1407015
Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:14 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:28 AM
is this a stored proc?

if so, extend the variable declaration to accept the additional text.
Post #1407716
Posted Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:59 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:06 AM
10e5x (1/14/2013)
Hi all,

I met with a very tricky problem. I have a muti-value filter in my name whereby user are able to select the names to view the report. The parameter filter has a drop down list which is based on query, Select distinct(uName) from User. the report runs fine if user select a number of names but if the user select ALL or more names the report went haywire. Error: "operation is not valid due to the current state of the object"

After diagnosis, i realize its becuz the filter text cant hold or display the names chose. what should i do? The filter is used in data source where clause as Where uName IN (@name)

Whenever you are using Multivalued parameters, pass them as comma separated to the query or stored procedure used in your dataset. To achieve this, use "join(Parameters!xx.Value,",")".

--Divya
Post #1409909
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse