Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Rebuild system database failure Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 4:26 AM
clare.xia (4/5/2013)
but why it has Access Denied error when I used the new master database to start up SQL server?

Thanks

You started the instance in single user minimal config mode?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1439512
Posted Friday, April 5, 2013 4:47 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:43 AM
Perry Whittle (4/5/2013)
clare.xia (4/5/2013)
but why it has Access Denied error when I used the new master database to start up SQL server?

Thanks

You started the instance in single user minimal config mode?

Yes, -m-c-f-T3608. I run from command line though. I think it could be cause by the command line was not run as administrator. The location of the system databases was altered from D drive to C drive to match the server I restored to..Is this something can cause trouble too? I am reinstall the testing SQL now so it system database will sit on C drive. After that, I will retest the solution.

Thanks
Clare
Post #1439527
Posted Friday, April 5, 2013 5:45 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:43 AM
It works after the reinstallation. The system database files location have to be same as the server where I restored the master database to.
Post #1439535
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse