Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 
        
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On


Add to briefcase

Reporting Services regularly unresponsive until IIS Reset or Application Pool Recycle Expand / Collapse
Author
Message
Posted Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:41 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 11, 2014 10:19 AM
Points: 815, Visits: 1,641
Hi all,

Posted a similar question recently, and thought I had found the solution, but now recently encountered it again, so I'm going to repost with the new information ...

I'm afraid I'm at wits end here, so hopefully someone can at least point me towards the right idea.

I'm currently running Reporting Services 2005, SP4, using IIS 6.0, on a Windows Server 2003 SP2 machine.

The issue that I'm facing is that, very regularly, the website where the reports are delivered (localhost/reports and the equivalent using the machine name for non-internal access) becomes completely unresponsive. The page is stuck loading, and never completes.I

I found a pseudo-solution to the problem recently. If I recycle the application pool associated to the reporting services IIS page, the website responds again - but only for a short time, after which it becomes unresponsive again. Restarting IIS also resolves the problem, but again, only for a short time.

I've checked the windows application logs, the IIS logs associated to the reporting services webpage, and the reporting services logs - none of them provide me with any additional information as to why this is happening.

Has anyone experienced this before? I have absolutely no idea where to look next.
Post #1404865
Posted Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:40 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 11, 2014 10:19 AM
Points: 815, Visits: 1,641
Looks like I may have solved the problem *crosses fingers*.

Basically, just deleted all the IIS websites and all the IIS application pools except the Default Application Pool. Then, went into the Reporting Services configuration manager, and reset all the configurations back to their defaults. Restarted the website, and lo and behold, the problem doesn't seem to be arriving.

No idea why this worked, but ...
Post #1405605
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse