Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

#Temp tables in SP Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:04 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:19 AM
hi All,

I am facing a typical problem in my SP, actually the SP is using may temp tables.

For better logic i have removed a temp table (#AggreTemp), when i see the Statistics IO of my SP that temp table(#AggreTemp) is still showing in IO. But the SP Is working fine. i have double checked that the "#AggreTemp" is used in the SP Or not, it is not in the SP.

i have tried by clearing the Proc Cache FreeProceCache/DropCleanbuffers even it is showing in the Statistics IO.

Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Post #1404693
Posted Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:14 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:43 AM
Post the code of the stored procedure. Without it, the best folks can do is guess.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1404722
Posted Friday, January 18, 2013 12:30 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:19 AM
Actually the SP is calling one more SP, in that sp we have used the same temp table.

Thank you,

Post #1408737
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse