Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

How to get the data in destination database immediately when source table updates? Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:49 PM
We have 2 databases Source Database and Destination Database, We want to transfer data from source table records to destination tables immediately .

Can anyone provide tips to implement this by using Integration services ?

Regards,
Ram
Post #1402228
Posted Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:04 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, January 13, 2014 7:34 AM
Try this tutorial

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365330(v=sql.105).aspx

Mack
Post #1402231
Posted Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:07 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Sorry - ignore my post I misread what you had written
Post #1402233
Posted Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:10 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:38 AM
sram24_mca (1/3/2013)
We have 2 databases Source Database and Destination Database, We want to transfer data from source table records to destination tables immediately .

Can anyone provide tips to implement this by using Integration services ?

Regards,
Ram

Integration Services does not sound like the right tool for the job - it's not an always-on, data-drip-feed type solution. Have you considered CDC or replication instead?

Rather than 'immediately', can you specify the maximum acceptable time between the data appearing in source and being copied to destination?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1402235
Posted Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:11 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:49 AM
Ram

Use the Import/Export wizard. You have the option to run it immediately or save it as an SSIS package.

John
Post #1402237
Posted Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:14 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:49 AM
Phil Parkin (1/3/2013)
Integration Services does not sound like the right tool for the job - it's not an always-on, data-drip-feed type solution. Have you considered CDC or replication instead?

Rather than 'immediately', can you specify the maximum acceptable time between the data appearing in source and being copied to destination?

Phil, I took "immediately" as meaning he wants to do it now rather than that he needs the source and destination to be always synchronised. I think we're going to need clarification.

John
Post #1402239
Posted Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:15 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

John - I think he wants the package to run each time data is added/updated to a table

I think, as Phil has suggested, that replication might be his best option
Post #1402240
Posted Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:17 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Hi Parkin,
Consider the source data has to copied to destination with in 3 Minutes.

Regards,
Ram
Post #1402242
Posted Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:05 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:38 AM
sram24_mca (1/3/2013)
Hi Parkin,
Consider the source data has to copied to destination with in 3 Minutes.

Regards,
Ram

OK - and what about replication or CDC?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1402265
Posted Friday, January 4, 2013 5:55 AM
SSC Journeyman

Hi Parkin,
Thanks, Can you please explain the CDC Concepts? I am new to this CDC Concept. Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ram
Post #1402828
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse