Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Internal tables, inserted and deleted tables, change tracking Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, December 28, 2013 5:45 PM
I understand that change tracking writes changes to "internal tables." Are these in the database that the change tracking is occuring on?

Do internal tables include inserted and deleted tables (e.g., those that are involved with DML triggers)?
Post #1401649
Posted Tuesday, January 01, 2013 10:20 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 6:57 PM
I am thinking they will be in TEMPDB
Post #1401652
Posted Tuesday, January 01, 2013 11:39 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:52 AM
Golfer22 (1/1/2013)
I understand that change tracking writes changes to "internal tables." Are these in the database that the change tracking is occuring on?

Do internal tables include inserted and deleted tables (e.g., those that are involved with DML triggers)?
it seems like homework ;) , anyways here is the link which can give you bright picture of change tracking
http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1819/using-change-tracking-in-sql-server-2008/

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done
Post #1401665
Posted Tuesday, January 01, 2013 11:40 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:52 AM
SatishAyyar (1/1/2013)
I am thinking they will be in TEMPDB
i dont think , it should be in same database.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done
Post #1401667
Posted Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:38 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:25 AM
Golfer22 (1/1/2013)

The internal change tracking tables reside in the database where changes are being tracked, not in tempdb. This is critical for disaster recovery and high-availability. Change tracking information is included in the backup file when a database is backed up, and when a backup file is restored.

No, INSERTED and DELETED are virtual, read-only tables that are only present for the duration of a transaction, and are only accessible inside the trigger code. Changes are tracked for user-tables.

Change Tracking (SQL Server 2008 R2)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato

Believe you can and you're halfway there. --Theodore Roosevelt

Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler --Albert Einstein

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. --Albert Einstein

1 apple is not exactly 1/8 of 8 apples. Because there are no absolutely identical apples. --Giordy
Post #1401961
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse