Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

New in this world.. no experience and no knowledge Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, November 18, 2013 4:48 PM
Hi Fabrizio,
The course titled SQL Server 2008/R2 DBA is over 50 hours of video teaching and the cost is us$99 - url=http://www.learnitfirst.com/Course/157/SQL-Server-2008-DBA.aspx#ChapterListing][/url]. I am not affiliated with this company, but their instruction has really helped me learn and understand SQL Server. Depending on what your boss wants you to learn, there are several other courses that you can select from. But I would suggest viewing one of the free videos first to make sure it would work for you.

Good luck!

Dana

"Drats! Foiled again!"
Post #1401067
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 5:17 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:42 PM
Go to their web site. They have all info(price ,hours ,topics...). Actually now it calls "learnnowonline".http://www.learnnowonline.com/appdev/courses
Post #1401098
Posted Monday, December 31, 2012 12:40 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:15 AM
fabri8989 (12/28/2012)
danawexler (12/28/2012)
fabrizio, it is a vid tutorial series so you could take it at your own pace.

Ah ok.. and for information about price, hours of lesson and other inform?

If your boss wants you to learn SQL Server, he should provide you with the proper training. Or at least cover all your expenses.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1401300
Posted Monday, December 31, 2012 3:50 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:01 AM
Koen Verbeeck (12/31/2012)
If your boss wants you to learn SQL Server, he should provide you with the proper training. Or at least cover all your expenses.
It should be but doesnt happen specially in small size company.person has to bear those expenses.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done
Post #1401349
Posted Monday, December 31, 2012 5:52 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 7:50 AM
Bhuvnesh (12/31/2012)
Koen Verbeeck (12/31/2012)
It should be but doesnt happen specially in small size company.person has to bear those expenses.

Then it's a small company doomed to failure. Boss keep telling people that they must learn X in their own time at their own expense, one of two things happens:
The person spends the absolute minimum time 'learning' whatever it is, and the boss gets someone who's completely incapable of doing anything useful.
The person leaves and goes somewhere where they are appreciated.

Small company != right to take advantage of your staff.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1401367
Posted Friday, January 4, 2013 9:05 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:16 PM
hi guys :) boss has told me that i must to learn sql server how developer.. then i can begin with this

MCITP: Database Developer 2008

it's right?! i have no knowledge and no experience of sql.. i can start with this?!

thank you :)
Post #1402947
Posted Friday, January 4, 2013 9:26 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 7:50 AM
You can. The cert's aimed at people with 2-3 years of experience though.

I'd start by asking your boss what resources he's willing to provide for you to learn SQL, since it's his request that you do so.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1402955
Posted Friday, January 4, 2013 9:38 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:16 PM
thank you for reply :) i have ebook format of certifications 433 and 451.. is more difficult begin for me? because i don't know antything of sql
Post #1402964
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse