Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Exchange from SQL Server Expand / Collapse
Author

Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 13, 2007 8:36 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/SBoriott

Respectfully,

Steve
logicom-inc..com
Post #139747
Posted Monday, October 4, 2004 2:30 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:01 AM

Hi Steve

your article on SQL server integration with Exchange looks very interesting...but the link do download the software does not work!

Help!

cheers

Jonathan Hart

Post #139765
Posted Monday, October 4, 2004 4:03 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:57 AM
Great article. Is it possible to post items (Calendar, Tasks etc) to an invidual user's (or multiple users') Exchange mailboxes?
Post #139953
Posted Tuesday, October 5, 2004 9:12 AM

Grasshopper

Hi, the link was updated; quite sorry you experienced that!!

Mailbox access: Our full version does that; you are welcome to contact us about that at our website. This forum should be kept to discussions of insuring that the free version works, how to adjust the trigger scripts in the download to meet your needs, helping people with writing their own extended stored procedure (e.g., "I can't find ... API call they talk about in the Platform SDK documentation..."), etc.

Respectfully,

Steve
logicom-inc..com
Post #140111
Posted Saturday, February 4, 2006 10:48 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 11:22 AM
The free version mentions capability to update contacts in the "Public folders". I am not quite familiar with exchange, so I would like to know whether the free version can upload/update company wide contacts (ie first name, last name, email address, etc...), or is it just your personal contacts that can be created/updated?
Post #255884
Posted Wednesday, March 1, 2006 4:25 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 5, 2013 3:45 AM
Great tool,

it is an Outlook Add-on but it works also with exchange folders.
Post #262545
Posted Thursday, December 7, 2006 6:04 PM

Grasshopper

"The free version mentions capability to update contacts in the "Public folders". I am not quite familiar with exchange, so I would like to know whether the free version can upload/update company wide contacts (ie first name, last name, email address, etc...), or is it just your personal contacts that can be created/updated?"

You can use this tool to update a PST, but that was really included for developer testing purposes. You would want to use this with an Exchange Server -hence the name xp_sql2exchange!

Re: geniusconnect; yes, that is good. But I am not enthusiastic about relying on a single instance Outlook app to push data. It's very good for occasional pushes...

Respectfully,

Steve
logicom-inc..com
Post #328976
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:41 AM
Grasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:09 AM
Regarding this geniousconnect program, does anybody here have first hand experience with it?
It would be really helpful to me to hear some experiences.
Post #354520
Posted Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:15 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:04 AM

Can we pull data from a public folder into a sql table using xp_sql2exchange???

We need to pull epage data from exchange folder in a sql (2000) table to be published on a webserver.

Any tips will be helpful!

Post #366527
Posted Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:16 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, April 15, 2011 3:26 AM
very interesting topic. I was just wondering if you guys might know of any examples for doing the reverse - ie: getting exchange server to copy data from itself (e.g. custom outlook form data) to a sql server database?

I would imagine since both exchange server and sql server are both XML friendly, that their might be some way to automate sharing data between the two -- without having to have some large service in the middle such as maybe biztalk or wwf

thanks in advance for any feedback on this!
Post #386695
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse