Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS mail task error Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:58 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:09 PM
Hi,

I am getting the following error with my ssis mail task. is it caused by McAfee protection? if so how do I resolve it.

[Send Mail Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Failure sending mail. System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Post #1394977
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:16 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:12 AM
Disable mass-mail worms in ePO for your server.

Also ensure that you have the ability to connect to the SMTP server for connecting and relaying is using MS Exchange as the SMTP server.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1394988
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:18 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Thursday, June 26, 2014 4:08 AM
Possibly..... I would add DatabaseMail.exe to the Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail rule

---------------------------------------------------------

It takes a minimal capacity for rational thought to see that the corporate 'free press' is a structurally irrational and biased, and extremely violent, system of elite propaganda.
David Edwards - Media lens

Society has varying and conflicting interests; what is called objectivity is the disguise of one of these interests - that of neutrality. But neutrality is a fiction in an unneutral world. There are victims, there are executioners, and there are bystanders... and the 'objectivity' of the bystander calls for inaction while other heads fall.
Howard Zinn
Post #1394989
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:29 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:09 PM
Thanks guys, it appears I don't have access to change those settings. I'll contact my admin.

thanks for the feedback
Post #1395034
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse