Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

How to improve query with multiple LIKEs with leading wildcards Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:57 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:23 AM
CELKO (12/4/2012)
Can you suggest an app or two that would be appropriate?

ZyIndex was the Gold Standard for law offices in my day.

Is anyone else wondering how long ago this might be?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1393579
Posted Friday, December 7, 2012 9:54 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, May 12, 2014 11:14 AM
FYI, I tried implementing Full Text Indexing, but it had no effect on the time the query takes to return results. In some cases it takes longer. We also looked into using our Google Mini appliance (which we use for our Intranet searches), but only the grown-up Google appliance supports database searches without serious, serious agony. Since we're not going to spend $10,000 on something that only a few, albeit high-level, people are going to use, I think they're just going to have to wait around 15 seconds for their search results. And so it goes. Thank you for your suggestions, though!
Post #1394146
Posted Friday, December 7, 2012 10:53 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, May 12, 2014 11:14 AM
I figured it out! Thanks to this link, I changed all the ORs to UNIONs. My query now runs in less than one second.
Post #1394172
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse