Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Feedback is Encouraged Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:05 PM
chrisn-585491 (12/3/2012)
After seeing the mess that is the Windows 8 interface, plus all the changes to management tools, the multiple changes in the Office interfaces, I'm not sure that Microsoft listens to many of the users...

I'm not sure I agree that Microsoft isn't listening. There are plenty of people that love the ribbon interfaces and many that like Win 8. It's a radical change from previous tries, and I like that.

Users get an opinion, and I'm sure there is discord inside Microsoft as to how much that opinion matters, but I have seen changes come from Connect, and I have seen Microsoft implement new features based on user feedback.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1392186
Posted Monday, December 3, 2012 9:00 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:58 PM
Feedback is encouraged? Not very much IMO. The following two really efficient ways to communicate feedback are completely closed.

1. Tools such as SSIS and SSMS are "free", which means that we pay for them whether we use them or not. This means that we cannot vote with our money.

2. Code review of closed source is not possible. This is a very common way of getting feedback in other environments.
Post #1392236
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse