Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

autogrowth Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:53 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 10:07 AM
sqlfriends (11/29/2012)
So, it doesnot send any kind of alerts to DBA proactively?

If you've configured alerts, you get alerts. If not, you don't (how would SQL intuit who to send alerts to?)

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1390729
Posted Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:08 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 5:46 AM
There are many SQL Server Events, SQL Performance Condition Alerts, as well as WMI Events that can be set up rather easily under SQL Server Agent >> Alerts.

Settings up these alerts gives you the option to specify a response i.e. (notify a particular operator), and additionally specify if you want to Email, Page, or netsend the event should one occur.

These are free

Post #1390731
Posted Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:13 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 5:22 PM
Thanks, we do have sql agent alerts setup, I wonder if it is the Severity 17- insufficient resources that does the work?
I never got the alert because we have a diskspace check job so I can take care of the space proactively.

But just wonder it is the above insufficient resources alert will be triggered if there is no enough file space for mdf file and ldf file.

Thanks,
Post #1390735
Posted Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:29 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 5:46 AM
If you create a custom alert for SQL Error # 1101 or 1105 (not sure exactly which is which, you can Google that) it will send you an alert should your data file become full and it is unable to grow

Post #1390739
Posted Sunday, December 2, 2012 11:51 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:03 AM
MyDoggieJessie (11/29/2012)
If you create a custom alert for SQL Error # 1101 or 1105 (not sure exactly which is which, you can Google that) it will send you an alert should your data file become full and it is unable to grow
in this case DBA will reactively respond there (DIsk is full now what to do ) , but here person should be informed proactively.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done
Post #1391786
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse