Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database Mirroring Testing & Configuration Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:01 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:17 AM
Dear,

1. I want to configure database mirroring with automatic failover option. Now I backup database and log file from Principal. It takes 1 hour to take the backup file to Mirror Server. Within this 1 hour, Principal database gets updated.

2. Now if I restore that backup files to Mirror, what would be that 1 hour updated transactions? Will I get those updated data after configuring mirroring?

3. I want to get Principal Server down so that Mirror Server take the role just for testing purpose. Again I want that Principal Server will run and take the role from Mirror Server. Can you tell me how to get Principal Server down manually?

Please help me to sort out the problem.

Regards,
Akbar
Post #1388980
Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:12 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, March 21, 2014 9:46 AM
shohelr2003 (11/27/2012)
Dear,

2. Now if I restore that backup files to Mirror, what would be that 1 hour updated transactions? Will I get those updated data after configuring mirroring?
Yes, But this 'Sync' opeartion take time depending on the number of transactions to be processed. More the transaction, more the time to sync the mirror database.

3. I want to get Principal Server down so that Mirror Server take the role just for testing purpose. Again I want that Principal Server will run and take the role from Mirror Server. Can you tell me how to get Principal Server down manually?
1. You can initiate failover with Mirroring Wizard in ssms.
2. Restart Principal Instance.

Please help me to sort out the problem.

Regards,
Akbar
Post #1388987
Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:21 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:17 AM
Thank you dbasql79 for your kind information. I get my problem solved.
Post #1389007
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse