Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS process fails as a job but not when manually executed Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, November 23, 2012 12:34 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:21 AM
Hi

I have a SSIS process that is failing on a data pump step when it is executed as a job. The error is due to a conversion from date/time to a string. However, when I run the same process manually on my PC it does not fail. I also had a look at the actual date columns to see if there were any invalid dates, but could not find any.

Does anyone perhaps know as to why the process fails when executed as a job and not when it's manually executed?
Post #1388235
Posted Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:51 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 8:25 AM
Could it be that the server's default date format is dd/mm/yyyy and your PC it is mm/dd/yyyy (or vice versa)?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1388383
Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 11:23 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:21 AM
No, the date format of the server has not changed as other processes that uses a date would also have failed. So I'm not sure why this is specific process is always failing.
Post #1388749
Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 1:05 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:12 PM
private.2010.skipp (11/26/2012)
No, the date format of the server has not changed as other processes that uses a date would also have failed.

Check the default language for the SQL Server login that the job is running under. That can be different to the default language for the server entire.

Hmm, if you're reading from a text file, the chances are the date format at issue may actually be associated with the Windows login that the job is running under. Checking that would be a good idea as well.
Post #1388803
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse