Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Rename SQL Server 2008 R2 Cluster Instance Name Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:17 AM
I have a Sql 2008 cluster with SQL network name as bbmnet but the cluster name is bbmnetsql , now the users are able to connect to sql using bbmnet only but we want to change it to bbmbetsql so that both sql network name and clustername will match , please help with the steps this is a 2 node cluster.

I Found the steps for changing clustername to bbmnet instead of bbmnetsql , but we want to do it vice versa please help with the steps.

Thank you very much in advance for looking into the query !
Post #1381842
Posted Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:21 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:32 AM
The Windows cluster name and the sql server virtual network name have to be separate unique values

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1381902
Posted Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:17 AM
Hi thanks for your response , i am not saying about windows cluster name our windows clustername is different !

I am saying sql cluster name and sql network name are different , we want to change the sql network name to sql cluster name !

Please help with your suggestions.
Post #1381968
Posted Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:15 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:32 AM
devakishore.t1 (11/7/2012)
I am saying sql cluster name.

Ok, are you referring to the sql cluster group name in failover cluster manager?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1381970
Posted Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:44 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
Check this.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178083.aspx
Post #1515524
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse