Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

CONTAINED DATABASE OR NOT ... Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:15 AM
connect.microsoft.com

Thanks for reporting the issue. The problem is due to the $action column metadata which is incompatible with the literal collation (string values 'INSERT' or 'DELETE'). This should work without requiring the collate clause. We will take a look at this.

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen." -- Edward V. Berard, "Life-Cycle Approaches"
Post #1393898
Posted Friday, December 7, 2012 10:09 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 8:50 PM
nice follow-through! thanks for posting back

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1394154
Posted Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:09 AM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Yet another update on this issue:

connect.microsoft.com

Posted by Microsoft on 3/5/2013 at 11:50 AM

Hello Marc, We have now fixed this bug in the next major version of SQL Server. Thanks for reporting the issue. -- Umachandar, SQL Programmability Team

So, waiting for the "next major version"

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen." -- Edward V. Berard, "Life-Cycle Approaches"
Post #1427194
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:51 AM

SSC Rookie

Let's revive this thread to acknowledge that the bug has been fixed within SQL SERVER 2014!

(or should I open a new thread in the proper subform )

Post #1572629
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2015 11:40 PM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Monday, March 28, 2016 6:54 PM
Hello,

Just to revive the thread once more, I am facing this issue in SQL 2014, and struggling with it. The only real difference is that this is not a table that I am struggling with, but a Stored Proc, so my error is...

Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure sp_PROC_NAME, Line 40
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_KS_WS_SC" and "Latin1_General_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 12813, Level 16, State 2, Line 15
Errors were encountered in the procedure 'dbo.sp_PROC_NAME' during compilation of the object. Either the containment option of the database 'DATABASE_NAME' was changed, or this object was present in model db and the user tried to create a new contained database.

...looking what has previously been suggested in the thread, I'm having trouble putting two and two together. Can someone please help me with this? At this point I'm not sure if this issue was cleared up in 2014 or not. I'm running SQL 2014 SP1.

Thank you.

Regards,
D.
Post #1728834
Posted Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:25 AM

SSC Rookie

Could you provide the code of the stored procedure sp_PROC_NAME ?
I

Post #1729203
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse