Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

New SSRS 2008 R2 installation Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:59 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 8, 2014 9:14 AM
I just finished installating SSRS 2008 R2 on a brand new machine. I have the ReportServer databases on that same system (System A) but I'm connecting to System B for the reports data. I'm getting the following error when running the report, the data source that I'm using is set to use windows credential. Just to mention we have another server System C which is also configure as SSRS and connects to System B for the data and is working properly.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source 'dsULDBDev'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

Thanks.
Post #1376497
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:19 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:39 PM
Sounds like a classic "double hop" problem. Read this and see if it helps:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Double+Hop/76743/

Kenneth Fisher
I strive to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without being questioned about its motives.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

Link to my Blog Post --> www.SQLStudies.com
Post #1376510
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:39 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Thanks I'll give it a try. I also would like to point out that when I go to the http://servername/ReportServer the connection works fine. I get really confused on this one.
Post #1376520
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:48 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Got it working using a sql account and I believe we were getting the connection problem because we are reporting services is using RSWindowsNTLM. So we got all the reports running perfectly, but now I'd like to ask another question. Every time a user connects to the report manager either from the local machine or from another machine a windows login prompt shows up. I can put my login credentials and it works fine but I would like to pass this window and not have the users type their user name and password. Do anybody know how to bypass this window?

thanks.
Post #1376633
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:28 PM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 4:02 AM
I agree that it sounds like a double-hop issue. You can either do what you did, and explicitly define the account that will connect to your data source, or setup Kerberos.

Joie Andrew
"Since 1982"
Post #1376671
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse