Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Would using the MS Press books be sufficient? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:04 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:34 PM
Thanks GilaMonster for the correction. I haven't taken the 2012 exams yet and they have changed significantly from the 2008 exams. I hope I can take a bathroom break during those three hours!

To answer another question:

samalex (10/25/2012)
And if on the computer are they adaptive depending on how the questions are answered?

The Microsoft term for "adaptive" exams is "performance-based testing". The SQL Server exams are not adaptive. Here are a couple of links directly from Microsoft about the exam formats and questions:

Which exams include performance-based items?

Exam Question Types and Scoring

Post #1377303
Posted Friday, October 26, 2012 1:32 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 8:04 AM
cppwiz (10/25/2012)
Thanks I hope I can take a bathroom break during those three hours!

I hate to say it but as I am getting older I do have to run to the bathroom after the exam. However I have taken a couple of the 2012 BI exams and finished well early.

Ells
Post #1377423
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:55 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 5:55 AM
GilaMonster (10/25/2012)
samalex (10/25/2012)
GilaMonster (10/25/2012)
cppwiz (10/25/2012)
You will only have about 90 seconds per question to read, interpret and answer the question.

The exams are 3 hours long and have 30-40 questions in them.

Wow, I thought the exams were longer than that, 30-40 questions each exam? That's like 4-6 minutes per question.

Also are the exams on paper or on the computer? And if on the computer are they adaptive depending on how the questions are answered?

But even if 3 minutes per question that's not too bad since I'm sure some questions can be answered quickly where others might need more time. Also do they allow scratch paper?

On computer. You get dry-erasable boards, no paper.

Seems it depends from one Prometric testing center to another. In the last one I received paper and a pen. The one before had the dry-erasable boards.

I also got around 50 questions in the all the MCSA exams. You still have plenty of time to answer these. I usually finished around 1 hour (1 hour 30 min for the beta exam), so I didn't need a bathroom break

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1378679
Posted Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:31 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 8:32 AM
Just took the 462 today. 50 questions in 155 minutes. The test center provided dry erase paper. I did not ask about the bathroom break but they did not let me bring a bottle of water into the room. They kept the bottle outside and told me I could go outside to drink from the bottle but I would loose the minutes by doing so.

The 462 TK is NOT enough. You need to read BOL, MSDN. Also followed articles from sites like mssqltips or databasejournal.

Post #1412105
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse