Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Can I have one version of SSMS installed and another of SSMSE? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:18 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 20, 2014 8:23 AM
We use SSRS 2005 for doing many of our reports. (Our production database is still in SQL Server 2005. Maybe next fiscal year we can upgrade...) However, we're working on a new app which will user SQL Server 2008 R2 Express. I'd like to put SSMS for 2008 R2 Express onto the same machine. Can I have both SSMS for SQL Server 2005 and SSMS for SQL Server 2008 R2 Express on the same machine?

Kindest Regards,

Rod
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Post #1371030
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:30 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 9:11 AM
From what I have seen- yes, but you don't need to.

In other words - if you install one, then the other, the executable for the first SSMS remains on the machine, but the icons are pointed to the most current SSMS. Which is good, since you can manage both versions from the same SSMS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #1371078
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:59 PM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Friday, June 20, 2014 8:23 AM
My concern is with SSRS. Will installing SSMS for 2008 R2 Express change, in any way, our ability to work with SSRS for SQL Server 2005?

Kindest Regards,

Rod
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Post #1371128
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse