Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

DBCC PAGE Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:50 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 1:21 AM
Perry Whittle (10/10/2012)
sql.com (10/10/2012)
@ Gail - I was waiting for a MCM

Why??

i could be wrong but i'm sure I'm not. I wouldn't think that the MCM course will teach you hex, binary, file offsets and the like. You either know it or you don't.

MCM course?
It's self-study these days. Videos sure, various training courses if you pay for them, but your choice.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1370837
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:24 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:36 PM
Don't they run a boot camp in Redmond?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1370916
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:41 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Nope. Not for almost 2 years now. That was the old form, 3 weeks training and exams in Redmond. Now it's just 2 exams, if you want training you have to organise and locate, or you can self-study.

Gail Shaw
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

Post #1370922
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:49 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:36 PM
GilaMonster (10/10/2012)
Nope. Not for almost 2 years now. That was the old form, 3 weeks training and exams in Redmond.

Ah right, gotcha.

But, back to my original quote, no study material on hex, binary, file offsets or file layouts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1370926
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:55 AM

SSC-Forever

Perry Whittle (10/10/2012)
GilaMonster (10/10/2012)
Nope. Not for almost 2 years now. That was the old form, 3 weeks training and exams in Redmond.

Ah right, gotcha.

But, back to my original quote, no study material on hex, binary, file offsets or file layouts

I think that's classified as 'stuff you should already know'. Paul's course, for eg, if you didn't understand hex then you'd really struggle with the page internals and log internals sections (better part of 2 full days). That said, you could probably pass the exams without knowing the binary structure of the mdf file.

Gail Shaw

Post #1370932
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse