Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Avoid multiple processing of SSIS package (Running package cannot be re-executed) Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 21, 2013 1:21 AM
Hi,

I am executing an SSIS package with DTEXEC. How can I prevent that SSIS executes the same package more than once?

Example: I double-click on the DTEXEC command, the SSIS package is running, I double-click on the DTEXEC command again --> Now the SSIS package should not be executed because it is already running.

Thanks!
Post #1369770
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:19 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 10:28 AM
You should keep a log table somewhere where you log a record at the beginning of the package stating that the package is already running.
Before this task, add another task that gets the last entry of that log table, check the date and see if it is already running or not. Use an expression on the precedence constraint to determine if you are proceeding with the package or not.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1370701
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, January 21, 2013 1:21 AM
...good idea! Thanks for your help.
Post #1370734
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse