Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

CPU Usage, IO usage and memory usage for sql server 2005 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:04 PM
Hi,

Which DMV can be used or is there any query which can give me an exact data about the CPU Usage, Memory usage and I/O for SQL server 2005 ( no profiler) probably since last reboot
Post #1369548
Posted Monday, October 8, 2012 11:57 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 6:48 AM
Exact data relative to what? Are you just looking for a total number? How do you expect to use these numbers?

CPU and I/O stats for queries [currently in the cache] can be found here in sys.dm_exec_query_stats.

You can use this counter from SQL to watch the memory used by SQL Server:

SELECT  *
FROM sys.dm_os_performance_counters
WHERE object_name = 'SQLServer:Memory Manager'
AND counter_name = 'Total Server Memory (KB)';

Look into Performance Monitor (perfmon) to monitor 'server memory available' if you're worried about external memory pressure.

Chapter 4: Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA By Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1369976
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse