Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Agent service Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:33 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 30, 2014 8:15 AM
Hello,

I have set a alert for all the job status, i cant afford certain jobs to fail or not to run.

Is there a way to check agent service and report if it is not running or not working properly.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Durai Nagarajan
Post #1361849
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:28 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:48 AM
In the Services manager you can have the OS run a program for you in case a service fails. This can be a PowerShell script that sends an email or does some other corrective action and attempts to restart the service.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato

Post Attachments 
ServiceRecovery.jpg (75 views, 49.27 KB)
Post #1362139
Posted Monday, September 24, 2012 4:52 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

thanks, exactly what i require.

Is there any other way other that this, experts you ways.

Regards
Durai Nagarajan
Post #1363411
Posted Monday, September 24, 2012 7:52 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

I would recommend setting up monitoring from atmleast one other machine. You could use WMI to check the service status periodically and email if there is a problem. There are lots of free monitoring tools out that donthis as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1363491
Posted Monday, September 24, 2012 8:05 AM
Ten Centuries

can you recommend some which you might have used without any problems.

Regards
Durai Nagarajan
Post #1363504
Posted Monday, September 24, 2012 8:27 AM

SSCertifiable

I have worked with Idera sqlDM, nagios & SCOM. It might be the most basic of monitoring tool functions, i.e. monitoring if a service is alive, so pretty much any monitoring tool should be able to do it.

Post #1363522
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse