Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Replication: Publication error Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:36 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, June 16, 2014 10:44 AM
any help on this Publication error

SQL Server could not create publication 'Publication_Name'.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A log reader agent can only be installed for a database enabled for transactional/snapshot replication. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Rmo)

BUTTONS:

OK
Post #1360861
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:00 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:33 AM
You need to enable the db for replication.

You can do it through publisher properties or this TSQL

exec sp_replicationdboption @dbname='dbname', @optname= 'publish', @value= 'true'
GO

Post #1360871
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:12 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

I get an error

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI11" for linked server "Linkserver_Name" returned message "Login timeout expired".
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI11" for linked server "Linkserver_Name" returned message "A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.".
Msg 53, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53].

Post #1360881
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:17 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:33 AM
Thats nothing to do with replication.

How are you trying to enable replication?
Post #1360885
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:30 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

we did as per the Microsoft regular process.

I am also confused about his error message.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Post #1360891
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:45 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

1)WHen I execute the below SP on publisher. I get the below info, How could I Updated distribution server column with server name instead of Linkedserver_Name, that row below?

sp_get_distributor:

installed |distribution server | distribution db installed |is distribution publisher| has remote distribution publisher
0 Linkedserver_Name 0 0 0

2) I am confused, Does the publisher is thinking it as an distributor is configured for linked server.

3) How could I Update the SELECT * FROM Master.sysservers
for datasource coulun.
Post #1360952
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:21 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, June 2, 2014 7:24 PM
Danzz (9/18/2012)
1)WHen I execute the below SP on publisher. I get the below info, How could I Updated distribution server column with server name instead of Linkedserver_Name, that row below?

sp_get_distributor:

installed |distribution server | distribution db installed |is distribution publisher| has remote distribution publisher
0 Linkedserver_Name 0 0 0

2) I am confused, Does the publisher is thinking it as an distributor is configured for linked server.

3) How could I Update the SELECT * FROM Master.sysservers
for datasource coulun.

If your publisher and distributor are on separate boxes, i.e. you have a remote distributor configuration, a linked server will have been configured in order to achieve this - thats how it works. If you look in your Linked Servers container I suspect you will see a 'repl_distributor' there. To get rid of the remote distributor you will need to drop any publications on this server, then run 'exec sp_dropdistributor @no_checks = 1, @ignore_distributor = 1', to remove the distributor.

Clare
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Measure twice; cut once (and have a good saw)

Hey, just a thought.....did you check Books Online yet?
Post #1361078
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:45 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Cannot add server to Replication monitor,

It show red cross mark? what does this mean? as of my understand is that it is not ready to monitor.

How can I add to Replication monitor?
Post #1361084
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:50 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, June 2, 2014 7:24 PM
ok stop posting random questions. No one is going to help you when you're posting in this way.

You began posting about being unable to create a publication and now you're stressing over Replication Monitor. Let me be blunt; you are new to replication and you have clicked left, right and centre all over Management Studio, trying to get this thing to fly and you're now at the point where you really have no idea what you've done. \

If I'm going to help you out you are going to have to tell me:
1. what are you trying to achieve. That is tell me where your publication, distribution and subscription databases are (or are intended to be)
2. What type of replication you are attempting to set up
3. What stage you are currently at in the process.

Once I understand this, I will POSSIBLY be able to assist you to wind the whole thing back and then start again from the beginning.

In the meantime, stop flooding the board with multiple threads about the same issue.

Clare
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Measure twice; cut once (and have a good saw)

Hey, just a thought.....did you check Books Online yet?
Post #1361087
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:01 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Pub :2008r2
Dist and Sub : 2012

seems now every thing is working.
Cannot add server to Replication monitor,
It show red cross mark? what does this mean?

I have run sp_removedbreplication on Dist and Pub to delete and recreate. I am done successfully
I am not sure this caused issue in the replication monitor shows a red cross mark.

Post #1361089
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse