Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

"An error occurred within the report server database" Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 17, 2012 11:03 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 31, 2014 1:34 AM
I'm not sure the best place to post this. 2 out of my 5 report subscriptions didn't fire this morning. When I checked, I found this:

An error occurred within the report server database. This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database.

Everything was running fine until today. I've been digging through log files all morning, but I don't know what I'm looking for (I'm a newbie to this). Can anyone offer some guidance? Thanks.
Post #1360348
Posted Monday, September 17, 2012 2:06 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Friday, October 31, 2014 1:34 AM
Honest question - Is this the wrong forum? I didn't know whether to post it in the SSRS forum or not. For the life of me I can't figure this one out...
Post #1360442
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:10 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:23 PM
You could try posting in the reporting services forum, maybe with a note that you realise you already posted the question once, but people might complain anyways about duplicate postings.

For what its worth, I've gotten that error before. I assume you've looked at your reporting services logfiles, mine are located at
d:\"program files"\"microsoft sql server"\msrs10_50.mssqlserver\"reporting services"\logfiles, but your installation might be different. When I looked at my error, it had much text but it boiled down to "remote server closed connection unexpectedly" and I didn't get any further than that, and I could not reliably duplicate the error.
Post #1360729
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse