Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Reg: Not Connecting Named Instance through Public IP Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:44 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 1:49 AM
Hi

In my production server i installed sqlserver 2005 in default instance and one more named instance also .In this server i am having public IP. My problem is outside through that server default instance connecting properly.But Named instance not connecting . please give me solution? Please give me a step by step solution..I am new in DBA side.
Post #1357822
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:50 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:34 AM
SQL Browser service started?
Firewall blocking the dynamic port of the named instance?

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1357840
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:02 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

sqlserver services started

how to release named instance firewall block? what are all the ports should be open?
Post #1357844
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:23 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:34 AM
you will need to check the port in the SQL config manager and then open the port, be aware that if you dont set it to a static port it will change when the service is restarted, so either set static port or disable firewall completly.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1357857
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:39 AM
Valued Member

Hi thank u for ur reply

How to open the port in sqlconfig manager ? which port i should open working condition in named instance?
Post #1357861
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:08 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 11:35 PM
Hey Hi,

you can do simply to open the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Start -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration Tools -> SQL Server Configuration Manager-->SQL Server Network configuration-->Named SQL server Instance-->then enabled TCP\IP and you can set 1433(sql server default port number) or 1434 or it depends what You want port number you can enabled...
You can go through below article

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlblog/archive/2009/07/17/how-to-configure-sql-server-to-listen-on-different-ports-on-different-ip-addresses.aspx

all the best............

Thanks,..
kranthi

SQL server DBA
Post #1358449
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse