Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Advanced SSIS Workflow Management – Step 8 of the Stairway to Integration Services Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:02 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 12:44 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Advanced SSIS Workflow Management – Step 8 of the Stairway to Integration Services

Andy Leonard
CSO, Linchpin People
Follow me on Twitter: @AndyLeonard
Post #1357797
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:44 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Friday, August 15, 2014 8:38 AM
Nice Article.... wish I had read it last week when I was working on a project that needed a bunch of conditional processing... This was just the ticket on what I was working with... :)

--Mark Tassin
MCITP - SQL Server DBA
Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
For help with Performance click this link
For tips on how to post your problems
Post #1358072
Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:45 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:47 PM
This is a great article that does a good job of stepping through a lot of complex property setting combinations. I loved the section on Precedence Constraint Annotation as this really helps display what is going on right on the design surface and is something I immediately added to one of my packages.
Post #1389858
Posted Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:49 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, February 8, 2013 4:49 AM
Hi Andy - great article, as ever. I can't see that I didn't follow your instructions to the letter but during the Mixing Constraint and Expression Evaluation Operations section I couldn't even close the Precedence Constraint Editor window. This is because @MyBool is set to false (and a positive condition will never be met). Subsequently I couldn't execute the package, for obvious reasons. Any reason why it worked for you, but not for me?

Thanks,

Richard
Post #1398421
Posted Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:30 PM

Old Hand

Richard Parsons-65 (12/19/2012)
Hi Andy - great article, as ever. I can't see that I didn't follow your instructions to the letter but during the Mixing Constraint and Expression Evaluation Operations section I couldn't even close the Precedence Constraint Editor window. This is because @MyBool is set to false (and a positive condition will never be met). Subsequently I couldn't execute the package, for obvious reasons. Any reason why it worked for you, but not for me?

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I am not certain why this is happening. But, referencing your other comment on another article in this series: Does your machine has enough RAM available?

Andy

Andy Leonard
CSO, Linchpin People
Post #1398706
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:13 PM
Old Hand

Last Login: Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:06 AM
Hey Andy,

I realy love this group of articles, but I would request you make a slight change to Step 8. Under the section "Copying and Disabling to Preserve Existing Work" I got a bit lost and suggest making the following change:

From: Drag a Sequence Container onto the Control Flow as shown in

To : From the toolbox, drag a Sequence Container onto the Control Flow as shown in

Thanks,
David
Post #1420270
Posted Friday, February 15, 2013 7:31 AM

Old Hand

Thanks David,

I have submitted the update. Usually Steve approves them and the updates appear within a couple days.

:{>

Andy Leonard
CSO, Linchpin People
Post #1420541
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse